Interesting diaper facts:
- The bleaching process used for most disposable diapers creates dioxins, which are known to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive disorders.
- A common diaper ingredient, sodium polyacrylate, is known to cause toxic shock syndrome.
- Over 92% of all single-use diapers end up in a landfill.
- A single disposable diaper can take 250-500+ years to decompose.
- You can save approximately $1,200 on your first child in diaper costs by using cloth, and save up to $2,000 on each additional child by reusing the cloth diapers.
The Real Diaper Association has a great information page set up: